Accessing Key Information on the FCPS Website
The FCPS Policies
The FCPS website can be accessed by going to FCPS.org.
The policies are listed under the For Families and Students drop down on the home page menu bar. Clicking on that will reveal the Policies and Regulations link. On that link there are 6 pages of policy titles, which makes it difficult to locate the specific, relevant policy details you may be searching for. If that’s the case TIE will assist parents in finding what they need. Just contact us through using the main TIE email account.
Getting to the essential curriculums requires some patience and there are several ways to get to the curriculums but here is the most straightforward:
- The goal is to get to the FCPS Essential Curriculum & Parent Resources link. To do this, key FCPS Essential Curriculum & Parent Resources into the search bar on the home page.
- Click on the first link on the page that comes up – Mathematics/Academic Curriculum
- At the bottom of the explanation on the left side of the page you will see the link to FCPS Essential Curriculum & Parent Resources. Click that link.
- This should direct you to a page titled Essential Curriculums broken out by course and school level (Elementary, Middle, and High). Click the course you wish to review and you will be directed to a page where you will see links for the essential curriculums on the right side of the page.
- Contact TIE with any concerns you have on curriculum content using the [email protected] email address.
Recorded BOE Meetings
The BOE meetings are recorded and posted on the FCPS website by going to the Board Of Education tab on the home page menu bar and clicking on the Board Docs function. Once into Board Docs click on the Meetings tab at the top of the page and then year 2022 on the left side. The meeting minutes, agenda, and video recording of the BOE meeting will show. You can access the whole video or go directly to the recording of any specific agenda item. NOTE: FCPS no longer records committee meetings and removed the funds from the 2022/23 budget that would have helped reestablish the process.